How to Pack a Travel Grooming Kit
Image by Erin Jancauskas
If you travel often, then it's a good idea to have a separate travel kit ready to go. This saves time, precious luggage space, last minute packing stress, and arriving at your destination to realise that you have forgotten essential items. Wandering the streets of Buenos Aires searching for a toothbrush is much less fun than it sounds. So set up a dedicated travel grooming kit and effortlessly take your grooming routine anywhere your roaming heart leads you.
1. Deodorant - Jack Black Pit Boss Deodorant
Roll-on deodorants often leak in the reduced cabin pressure, so choose a solid stick or liquid spray.
2. Travel Tube - GoToob Travel Tube
A fantastic little travel tube made from soft yet rugged silicone. They don’t leak and they’re easy to fill and clean. They will hold almost any product (for example, shampoo) and are a great way to save space and weight when travelling. Every travel kit should contain a few of these.
3. Lip Balm - Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm SPF25
Ideal to combat the drying effects of continuous aeroplane air-conditioning.
4. Manicure Kit - Czech & Speake Air Safe Maincure Kit
Avoid tools with sharp, pointy edges. We recommend nail clippers over nail scissors for travel, but if you elect to go with scissors, make sure the blades are shorter than 4 inches or they won’t be allowed on board.
5. Comb - Baxter of California Pocket Comb
Choose something compact and sturdy.
6. Moisturiser - Clinique for Men M Protect SPF21 Lotion
A moisturiser containing SPF is handy as it can serve multiple uses as a moisturiser, after shave balm and light sun protection, saving you packing space.
7. Shave Cream Tube - Geo. F. Trumper Sandalwood Shaving Cream Tube
Don't lug a great big jar of shave cream or can of aerosol around with you. Most of the best shave creams are also available in compact tubes under 100ml, which will be ample for a trip lasting less than a few weeks.
8. Travel Shave Brush - One Thousand & Ninety Two Synthetic Travel Brush
More compact than a regular shave brush. Includes storage case to protect the bristles when not in use.
9. Travel Razor - Merkur Solingen Travel Razor with Leather Case
Go for something compact, lightweight and designed for travel. Just remember to leave the blades in your checked luggage.
10. Face Wash - men-u Healthy Facial Wash Buddy Tube
Choose something in a small bottle, or transfer your favourite product into a GoToob. This travel-size face wash from men-u is ultra-concentrated and delivers up to 30 washes from a single 15ml tube.
11. Travel Size Kits - Triumph & Disaster 'On The Road' Pack
In a hurry or don’t like making decisions? We sell a number of pre-assembled, travel friendly kits that are ready to go.
12. All-in-One Wash - Jack Black Turbo Wash Energising Cleanser
You may consider an all-in-one hair and body wash if space is tight or your trip short. Save further space and weight by transferring your favourite product into a GoToob as most shampoos, conditioners and body washes come in bottles over 100ml.
Carry On Restrictions
- Liquids, aerosols, gels, creams and pastes must be 100ml or less per container if you want to bring them in your carry-on luggage.
- Scissors must have blades shorter than 4 inches (10cm) and have blunt, rounded edges.
- Always have a clear, plastic, zip-top bag on hand to display your kit contents at screening checkpoints (guidelines state that everything should fit inside a single bag roughly 20cm×20cm).
- If in doubt, put the item in your checked baggage.
- No liquid and gel volume restrictions, but keep any sharp or pointy items in checked luggage.