Feather Safety Razor Co Double Edge Razor Blades (5)
- Product Review (submitted on 18 October 2018):
DE shaving for 5 months now:
Weapon of choice - Merkur Futur
Brush - Merkur Solingen Silver Tip
Cream - Geo F Trumper LIME
Prep - Proraso Wood and Spice pre shave
1. Astra Superior Platinum - Average result after 3 passes, bit of blood but likely due to poor technique.
2. Personna Platinum - Appeared to be slightly better result than the Astra, but still drawing blood around the chin in the course stubble.
3. Gillette 7 O'clock SharpEdge - put in the blade, glanced sideways at the new pack of Feather blades, took out the Gillette and berated myself for going to the Feather.....very nervous.
4. The Feather - best shave I have ever had. Great result after second pass but went a third just because it was so enjoyable. I did slow down considerably out of respect to the "sharpest blade on the market", but now that I know the result, it will be my blade of choice to match my weapon of choice.
Routine: Hot face washer, Proraso pre shave and let it sit for a few mins while I lather up. Add some pre shave oil, lather and shave. Warm rinse, oil and re-lather between passes, 3 in total going with the grain, across and against the grain for the baby smooth results.
If you have a good technique and your pre-shave routine is locked in, take the next step and try the Feather!